Find keywords to use in your searches for articles and other materials.
- Use the concepts suggested on the Global City Profile sheet to start. For example:
- economic equality / income distribution
- global trends
- prospects (or future)
Here are some tips for mining keywords from your background searches.
- Look for unique language or "keywords" of the background articles you read
- Mine keywords from the abstracts of the first articles you find, as well as the subject terms assigned to the articles in EBSCO. Look especially for words that uniquely describe that city's situation.
- Look at the bibliography or sources cited at the end of articles, and look at the subject terms assigned to them.